Sunday, May 31, 2009

Writer’s Meltdown

.
I write with Word Perfect 8, a program that’s out of date and for me I finally realized should be put out to pasture. The reason I say this is, is that more rules for contests open with Microsoft Office Word. I have my sights set on a contest that I can enter electronically but it has to be in rich text format. I Wikipedia rtf (not knowing exactly what it means, computer illiterate that I am) and it says; it’s a format developed by Microsoft.

So to make a long story short, I transferred the required pages of my manuscripts onto Microsoft Office Word (it’s a great program) and in so doing I decided to transfer the remainder of my story onto it as well.

I’ll most likely transfer my other manuscripts, but I’m not looking forwards to it. I’m eager to go forward and dread the thought of transferring hundreds of pages onto another program.

I guess I’ll just have to chalk it up to another hiccup in my journey to being published.

No comments: