Sunday, August 23, 2009

Countdown to September 30th


Just when the leaves turn to an earthy palette of rusts, gold and reds, I’m packing up and heading for Vancouver Island. It will be a long four day trek, driving through the better half of scenic Ontario, into the prairies where land and sky meet on the thin line of the horizon. On the third or fourth day hopefully we’ll be making our way into the majestic Rockies and at last the island.

This will be the second time we’ll escape winter’s grip in Ontario. With luck the winter will be as good in B.C. as it was back in 2004 when we were last there.

In preparation, we’re checking over our vehicle, pricing tires for the poor old thing. As for the writer in me, I’m planning on getting a new laptop (my old one had seen better days).

I’ve already begun to think about the countless TBR books I have, trying to decide which one to take. I have a ton of 80’s and 90’s books that I’ve always wanted to get through. They’re historicals. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I’m a big fan of Judith McNaught, Teresa Medeiros, Heather Graham… And the list goes on.

No comments: